Posted on January 2, 2008
Luis Figo’s agent insists the star wants to stay at Inter Milan – but might consider a move to MLS if the club do not want to extend his deal.
The 35-year-old has been linked in the Portuguese media with a move to Major League Soccer, but Miguel Macedo claims his player is happy at the San Siro.
Macedo said: “It doesn’t make any sense, all these reports that he’s moving to the United States. It’s just speculation.”
Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha claimed earlier this week that Figo had agreed a two-year deal with AEG – the parent company to Houston Dynamo and Los Angeles Galaxy.
But Macedo added: “At the moment there is nothing with the Los Angeles Galaxy.
“He has got a contract with Inter. He expects to extend it. If the club does not extend it, yes, he will consider – as he has said publicly – going to the United States.”