Posted on June 23, 2009
AC Milan have reiterated that no offer has been made by Chelsea or any other club for Italy international midfielder Andrea Pirlo.
Reports in England had strongly linked the World Cup-winning playmaker with a move to Chelsea this summer where he would play under former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti.
“We have not received any offers for Pirlo, not from Chelsea or any other club,” said AC Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani.
Galliani also brushed aside rumours in the Spanish press that they are eyeing Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago as the ideal replacement for Pirlo.
“Pirlo is a Milan player,” said Galliani. “Hence, Gago cannot be our aim.
“If Pirlo leaves then we will see.”
However, Galliani revealed the Rossoneri outfit turned down a tempting offer for Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato.
“Milan this year has resisted a monumental offer for Pato,” he said. “But I will not say which club made the offer.”
Pato had been a reported target of Chelsea but Milan have stated that the player is not for sale.