While millions watched the action in Poland and Ukraine, SOCCER.COM tracked the cleats used by Europe’s finest. The results are in; these are the top-scoring soccer cleats of UEFA Euro 2012 (Headers not included)…
- Nike Mercurial Vapor VIII – 15 Goals. Worn by global soccer stars Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, as well us up-and-coming strikers like Croatia’s Mario Mandzukic and Denmark’s Nicklas Bendtner. Definitely a forward’s favorite!
- Nike CTR360 Maestri II – 9 Goals. With an emphasis on control and passing, the CTR360 was the cleat of choice for midfield schemers like Player of the Tournament, Andres Iniesta. Italian star Mario Balotelli top-scored in the CTR360 with 3 goals.
- adidas F50 adizero – 8 Goals. One of the fastest soccer cleats around, the F50 adizero helped Spain’s Jordi Alba score one of the best goals of the tournament against Italy in the final.
- adidas Predator LZ – 5 Goals. The hugely popular Predator Lethal Zones redesign proved a hit in Europe. Spain’s Xabi Alonso had a great tournament wearing the Infrared version, while France’s Samir Nasri scored against England with the Bright Blue.
- Nike Total90 Laser IV – 4 Goals. Known for aiding power and accuracy, the Laser was used by Fernando Torres to score 3 goals and win the UEFA Euro 2012 Golden Boot Award.
- PUMA evoSPEED and PowerCat – 3 Goals each. A successful start for PUMA’s redesigned speed cleat, the evoSPEED. Germany’s Mario Gomez used the 6.4 oz cleats to score 3 times. Meanwhile, Spain’s Cesc Fabregas scored twice wearing his PUMA PowerCats.
Other goal-scoring cleats included the Nike Tiempo Legend IV, adidas’ adiPure 11Pro, and the Asics Lethal Tigreor 5. See the complete stats and find out which players, clubs, and leagues scored the most UEFA Euro 2012 goals by visiting The GoalTracker!